EDUCATION & TRAINING
Infrastructure Engineering Software
Bentley Systems is the world’s leading engineering software company, providing software solutions to professionals in the infrastructure industry, including roadways, bridges, airports, skyscrapers, industrial and power plants, and utility networks.
Education & Training
Hi-Tech Software/Training Facilitator
- Adobe XD
- VS Code
- Microsoft Office
Business Problem & Ask
Bentley Systems is one of the leading players in the engineering software industry and has a vast collection of training and educational material to support users of their software at all proficiency levels. However, the company’s e-training portals, community, and software were disconnected, each functioning independently and without continuity.
Vrunik was tasked with creating a website that would cater to the needs of existing software users, community members, engineering students, and educators, in a system that would integrate these offerings and promote the company’s software and training materials.
Research & Analysis
- Understanding the current system and its limitations
- Understanding the perspectives and vision of stakeholders
- Understanding the needs and expectations of different personas
- Building a scalable framework to incorporate planned features in the product roadmap
- Studying the competition landscape and comparing product positions and features.
- Collaborating with Bentley’s corporate global marketing team to define the product strategy and roadmap
- Identifying redundant and interconnected entry points in different systems to provide a unified experience
- Analyzing mouseflow usage patterns and optimizing website content placements and positioning
- Developing a high-level conceptualization of the proposed UX solution in the form of low-fidelity wireframes
- Creating a detailed execution plan that involves various stakeholders at different stages.
- Establishing a visual design based on brand guidelines, style guide, and design system
- Creating high-fidelity mock-ups to capture and validate business requirements
- Developing an interaction model and click-through prototype to propose user journeys and user flows
- Measuring and comparing task efficiency rates.
Vrunik worked with Bentley’s leadership to create an educational platform that engaged engineering students and professionals, implicitly promoting the company’s product and increasing adoption.
Vrunik was responsible for developing creative and user-centric UX designs that led to one million active users within one year.
The result of this project was a unified platform that
- Leveraged existing material
- Increased new user sign-ups
- Consumption of training material
- Boosted community participation and engagement
- Customer was able to increase revisit rates by existing users
This case study showcases the success of Vrunik’s approach in creating an integrated educational platform that caters to the needs of software users, community members, engineering students and educators. The project resulted in a unified platform that increased new user sign-ups, boosted community engagement and led to a significant increase in revisit rates by existing users. The project successfully leveraged existing material and provided value to Bentley Systems by promoting their product and increasing its adoption.