Logistics Resource Planning System
A logistics organization was facing challenges in allocating resources to projects based on skills, availability, and geography. Our solution was a user-friendly design that efficiently assessed candidate fit and offered suggestions for resource optimization.
The result was a streamlined process with reduced decision-making time and improved customer experiences.
Industrial Human Resource Providers
Skill Based Resource Allocation
- Adobe XD
- Microsoft office
Business Problem & Ask
The organization faced difficulty in evaluating and aligning the skill sets, availability, and geographical locations of resources to the requirements of a project. The objective of the project was to assign team members based on their skill sets, competence, time availability, and workload, but the manual process was becoming time-consuming and prone to errors. The organization sought to automate this process with a software solution that could efficiently evaluate and align the skill sets, availability, and geographical locations of resources to the requirements of a project.
The objective of the project was to develop a software solution that could allocate the right resources to a project based on skills, availability, geography, and other parameters. The software was to provide recommendations on suitable employees who could be assigned to a particular project after undergoing training and suggest the required skills for a resource to be assigned to the project. The software was to have a user-friendly, intuitive, learnable, and easy-to-use interface.
Research & Analysis
- Our first step was to gain an understanding of the business and its goals, the users and their goals, motivations, and pain points, and the customer and their requirements for developing this feature.
- Based on the research and analysis, we created high-level conceptual designs of the proposed UX solution in the form of low-fidelity wireframes.
- We established the visual design based on the brand guidelines, style guide, and design system and created high-fidelity mock-ups to capture and validate the business requirements. We also developed an interaction model and click-through prototype to outline the user journeys and flow.
We developed a software solution with a user interface that is straightforward and provides an efficient assessment of the appropriate candidates fit for a particular project.
The software provides insights on the best fit and also offers suggestions on resource reallocation across projects. It also presents an overview of all the projects in the form of a Gantt chart, making it easy and optimized to shuffle employees across projects.
As a result of this project, the organization was able to:
- Streamline the onboarding process for employees on respective projects.
- Enhance customer experiences by providing value from this feature.
- Reduce decision-making time significantly by almost an order of magnitude.
- Significantly reduce the possibility of human error.
- Forecast staffing requirements.
The Logistics Resource Planning System aided the organization in streamlining its resource allocation process, making it more efficient and effective. The software also contributed to better customer experiences and reduced decision-making time.